Whole School Ethos
St Joseph’s is a vibrant, happy and caring community providing high quality education, preparing each child to meet life’s challenges with confidence and enthusiasm.
St Joseph’s dates back over a hundred years when it originated as a Christian Foundation School. Many of these traditional values remain in its present ethos where care, compassion and community are strong characteristics.
St Joseph’s provides its pupils with opportunities and resources to become confident, secure and decisive achievers with the motivation to look beyond boundaries and exploit fully their natural potential.
St Joseph’s provides a firm foundation for life by educating the whole pupil in a challenging but secure environment.
Whole School Aims
It is the aim of St Joseph’s School to:-
- Nurture every child as an individual to reach their full potential in a secure, positive, fair environment;
- To be a place where value is equally given to academic achievement and to the wider areas of the curriculum, including the arts, sport and music in its widest sense;
- To maintain a team of professional teachers who share their subjects with enthusiasm and drive and foster in pupils a love of learning;
- To encourage pupils to become confident, competent individuals ready to face the adult world.
It is the aim of the governors to:-
- Cherish a community which maintains its fine traditions in partnership with parents, teachers and the wider community;
- To provide sound values for the pupils;
- To support members of staff in all aspects of their work.